Hey all – I’ve been on another little hiatus, as of late. One of the reasons why is I’ve been working on a new version of my SimPit. This new version will have many features that the original one did not and improve existing features. I’ve learned a lot since making the original and having used it for over 6 months, I’ve found a lot of personal pros/cons with it that I would like to address.
- EJECTION SEAT! (get yours from http://www.vrpits.com; he provides a CAD layout and you just send it off to get manufactured!)
- Modular Panels; these can be pulled out and replaced for a small cost.
- Room for more toggles/buttons/rotaries
- Flexible for any throttle
- Better viewing ergonomics for the front console and game screen
- Floor – I’m sick of seeing carpet under me
- Modular and easier to move.
- No back, looks less like one of those “race car beds”
That’s it! I’ll post more as I get further into development. All of the existing screens and such will work with this version. It’s purely a structure/framework design change.